The way you start your day strongly influences the rest of your day. If you want to be sure you are productive and motivated during your shift, it is essential that you take the early part of your day to set you up for success the rest of the day.
Here are three excellent ways to better kick-start your day to ensure you are ready for your shift.
If you eat an unhealthy breakfast or skip breakfast altogether, you will be hungry all morning. It is difficult to concentrate and be productive when you are hungry. There are multiple advantages to starting the day with a nutritious breakfast, including:
- A lower body mass index
- Consuming less fat throughout the day
- Meeting recommendations for fruit and vegetable consumption
- High calcium intake
- High daily fiber intake
- Better performance
Making good breakfast choices is critical. A doughnut and a cup of coffee will not do. Consider high-fiber cereal with fresh fruit and low-fat milk. A low-fat protein shake with fresh or frozen fruit. A high-fiber toast or bagel with peanut butter is excellent.
Exercise is excellent for your health no matter what time of day, and it is a particularly effective way to kick-start the day. Exercise increases the manufacture of serotonin and dopamine, which are the transmitters that decrease the risk of depression while improving your mood and long-term memory. Here are five benefits of exercising when you start your day:
- Exercise helps you avoid distractions. Morning workouts reduce the possibility of obstacles presenting themselves, decreasing the chance to make excuses.
- Mental benefits that last all day. Starting the day with exercise helps you to experience the benefits first thing. You can start your day with a sense of accomplishment while feeling recharged and rejuvenated.
- You will make healthier choices. When you wake up and exercise, you establish a healthy mindset, mindful of what you eat throughout the day.
- Metabolism boost. Exercise boost metabolism, and when you do it to start the day, you increase your metabolism more than any other time of day.
- Better sleep. Exercise helps to create hormonal balance and enables you to sleep. Both sleep and exercise contribute to weight loss.
Try to get ready the night before your shift. Make your lunch for the next day, get your clothes ready, write a to-do list and anything else that might free you up so you can concentrate on starting the day off right. Freeing up time will help you start the day relaxed instead of being rushed or in a panic.
Review your day. Did you get everything on the to-do list done? What went well? How did your interactions with others go? Performing a review will help you plan for your next day even better. As you review, practice gratitude. You will sleep better, lower stress and improve your overall mood.
Let Power Personnel help you take the next step in your career with a rewarding job opportunity.