Job Summary This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Answers, screens and transfers inbound phone calls
- Receive and direct visitors and clients
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieves documents from filing system
- Handles requests for information and data
- Resolves administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepares written responses to routine enquiries
- Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Prepares agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence
- Maintains office supply inventories
- Coordinates maintenance of office equipment
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: 2 years of office and/or administrative work experience
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Familiarity and knowledge of computer skills and relevant software (Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and knowledge of operation of standard office equipment (telephone, copier, fax machine, etc.)
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Ability to demonstrate business communications skills (verbal, written, listening, reading)
- Ability to follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to assess and solve problems
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.