| Behavioral Health LVN | Licensed Vocational Nurse
Provide intense case management services to clients diagnose with a severe and persistent mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Major Depression). Service severe clients in an integrated mental health and primary care setting. Work with an interdisciplinary team of social workers, psychiatrists`, primary care doctors, peers and nurses to provide services to the whole person. Learn Medi-Cal documentation, wellness and recovery principles and cutting-edge principles of health integration.
- Administer psychiatric medications in injectable forms.
- Provide medication education and schedule appointments.
- Monitor patient flow including rooming or housing patients and oversee the progression of daily patient schedules.
- Ensure that the medication room is well stocked with supplies; make referrals for diagnostic tests when necessary, per doctor’s order.
- Obtain prior authorization for medications from insurance providers.
- Process refill requests from pharmacies and/or clients and order refills by phone or e-script.
- Answer phone calls, complete lab sheets and coordinate with medical nurse.
- Check vital signs and report any abnormalities to the physician.
- Prep for huddle with MA, MD and Integrated Care Assistant.
- Huddle with interdisciplinary team 15 minutes before clinic starts.
- Debrief with interdisciplinary team at the end of clinic. Review orders, referrals, follow up tasks ordered by PCP.