Are you an experienced call center agent who wants to get your foot in one of the nation's top 20 hospitals? Take that first step and apply at Power Personnel!
The Stanford Health Care (SHC) Enterprise Contact Center (ECC) Access Operations Contact Center (AOCC) handles a high-volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, faxes and other communication with patients, providers, clinic staff, and others needing to access health care services at one or multiple SHC departments/clinics. The Access Operations Contact Center staff within the ECC is responsible for providing an excellent patient and customer experience by efficiently coordinating services and accurately answering or properly referring inquires.
- Contract to hire
- Pay: $25/hr
- Shift: 8 AM – 5 PM OR 8:30 AM – 5 PM
- Training: 4-6 weeks DOE
- Promotion opportunity to higher position on the Call Center Career Ladder* depending on performance and commitment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Call Center
- Customer service
- Patient service/healthcare
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Critical thinking
- Professional appearance
- Self confidence
- Working with 2 screens
- Comfortable with typing, talking, and listening at the same time
- Be assertive to know when to interject the conversation and take over if the patient is on a tangent, while maintaining a good level of empathy
- Type 40 words per minute, not a hard stop
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar in speaking and writing
- Effectively listen to resolve patient's/customers inquiries
- Maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
- Navigate complex software tools and accurately input data
- Effectively document caller notes into the medical record
- Ability to adjust communication to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver
- Ability to apply business logic to resolve patient/customer issues while managing multiple priorities
Nice to Have:
- EPIC experience
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level or the area(s) to which assigned, but may include (and not be limited to) the following:
1) Respond to a high-volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxed referrals, ~80 calls/day per agent, ~4k-8k calls/day per department.
2) Assist patients in registering, scheduling, changing, and canceling appointments
3) Facilitate communication between the patient and the physician or clinic
4) Deliver expert knowledge regarding clinic-specific processes
5) Accurately document and route calls to the proper department
6) Identify urgent customer needs or operational issues, and escalate appropriately
7) Maintain respect and composure when speaking with customers
8) Efficiently navigate medical records and ensure patient information is up-to-date and accurately entered in the correct location
9) Communicate with care team and support staff on various patient issues
10) Meet all regulatory and compliance standards
11) Deliver high-level of customer service
12) Follow documented protocols and guidelines
13) Meet and exceed departmental quality assurance standards
14) Use reference documents and online knowledgebase tools to clearly articulate accurate information regarding SHC services
15) Adhere to work schedules including breaks and lunches
16) Use functionality of the telephone system as required 17) Act as liaison between the caller and the clinic, pharmacy, providers 18) Handling incoming calls 19) Only work with returning patients to schedule appointments, prescriptions, providing directions, communicating with physicians
20) Other departmental duties as assigned
The calls are rated on 3 criteria:
- Handle time: Averages to 5 min 12 sec
- After call work: notes they need to type in before disconnecting the call.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Please read all the requirements in the Must Have section and be qualified before applying. Thank you.
*Inquire for more info.