Job #593 | CNA | Certified Nursing Assistant
Power Personnel is currently looking for Certified Nursing Assistants. A CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, fulfills the needs of patient care in hospitals or clinics where nurses may be assigned to 12 or more patients. CNA's can assist patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) so nurses can focus on what they must do with patients. The CNA observes patient conditions, and reports back to the nurse.
Some essential duties and responsibilities of the CNA are:
- Providing patient care as directed by the Director of Nursing or Registered Nurse supervisor
- Providing personal care which may include; bathing, grooming, assisting the patient with dressing and undressing, assisting in feeding the patient, taking and recording vital signs, measuring and recording height and weight (if necessary), assisting patient with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care, and providing patient with help in walking and transferring.
- Observing patient’s physical, mental, and emotional condition which may include reporting any change to the Director of Nursing or Registered Nurse supervisor, documenting observed changes, measuring and documenting intake and output (if necessary), assisting patient in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder), performing light housekeeping and, maintaining an orderly patient environment, following principles of infection control and universal precautions, identifying and participating in performance improvement activities, providing transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping, and participating in patient teaching according to the patient’s plan of care.
- Ensuring patient’s rights are adhered to.
- Responding rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Using equipment properly and in a safe manner.
Power Personnel is a leading Joint Commission Certified Nurse staffing agency. Since 1994, Power Personnel has successfully placed C.N.A’s, LVN’s, RN’s and allied staff in the state of California. Through our commitment to excellence in safe and effective patient care, we have earned the Joint Commission’s National Quality Gold Seal of Approval as a health care staffing agency.
- Current CNA license.
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program. High school diploma or GED.
- BCLS required.
- Minimum of (1) year of documented acute care experience in a hospital setting or at least (6) months of Skilled Nursing experience required.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Drug Test/Background check required.
- Must have computer charting experience.