The Younger Dining Hall at the new Stanford Hospital is looking to hire on board a dishwasher who is highly functional in a professional executive dining setting. In this role, you will be working alongside kitchen staff who serve to hospital C-level executives and high profile figures in the public, as well as patients, families, and clinical staff. We are looking for a mature, well groomed, and responsible candidate who is looking to thrive under a team of leaders who encourage one another under high demands. This position is a temporary position with the oppurtunity to convert to a full time employee of Stanford Health Care based upon your performance. Please apply if you feel that you have the qualifications and characteristics to thrive serving to one of the most prestigous academic medical center hospital in the nation.
The Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
• Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine. • Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks. • Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors. • Removes trash and garbage to designated areas. • Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room. • Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards. • Polishes silver. • May wash pots. • Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training. • Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures. • Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner. • Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures. • Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments. • Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated. • May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred. • No related work experience.
• Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude. • Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect. • Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives. • Ability to use a computer.
License/Qualifications Certifications: None.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing. • Maturity of judgment and behavior. • Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance. • Maintains a positive attitude. • Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful. • Must comply with any dress code requirements. • Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays. • Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses. • Significant walking or other means of mobility. • Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). • Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events. • Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities. • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.