- Contract: 6 months
- 40 hrs/week
- Temp to Perm
The Diversity and Inclusion Program Coordinator works closely with the Director of Human Resources to help implement the Hospital’s Diversity Strategic Plan and various diversity and inclusion initiatives. The Coordinator will manage programmatic services that support Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Initiatives and will market and promote employee development opportunities that create an inclusive environment and foster interpersonal skills related to Diversity and Inclusion. Collaborates on the development of program materials including educational materials, marketing materials, websites, forms, and reports. The Diversity Coordinator is primarily responsible for design, implementation and evaluation of a variety of initiatives designed to engage, recruit or retain underrepresented staff. The Coordinator will work toward creating an environment that accepts differences and creates opportunities for learning and development for management and staff and communicate the programs and progress of D&I initiatives. The Diversity Coordinator also provides program development support for the organization and participates in committees geared toward recruitment and retention of diverse staff
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Collaborates with Director to help support and promote an organizational vision for diversity and inclusion and imbed hospital’s diversity and Inclusion strategy into the everyday culture of the organization.
- Assists the Director with the development and implementation of the D&I communications strategy including but not limited to the development, creation, or maintenance of hospital-wide materials, employee messages, announcements, executive communications, intranet/internet pages, social media presence, advertisements, press releases, etc
- Provides leadership for planning, scheduling, delivering and maintaining programs and events for management and staff that support a culture of inclusion.
- Conducts research of key D&I topics and develops presentations and materials to showcase critical information to advance the D&I strategy.
- Develops and analyzes key metrics and analyzes issues and problems, gathers data and information, finds and evaluates alternatives and makes sound recommendations.
- Compiles and reports diversity statistics to management and key stakeholders. Tracks and identifies key D&I metrics and trends for the organization to create reports, presentations, or dashboards that communicate the progress and support of the company's D&I commitment and initiatives.
- Organizes internal and external meetings, site visits, and special events.
- Participates in submissions for external D&I surveys and government reporting as applicable.
- In conjunction with the Director, assists with managing the budget. Submits, tracks and follows payments of invoices and other financial transactions both internal and external to the organization.
- Works closely with Director on planning of key diversity and inclusion initiatives, such as workshops, trainings, guest speakers, etc.
- Assists in the design, development and delivery of training, workshops and seminars on diversity and inclusion topics.
- Develops and enhance current and future community partnerships to enable engagement with external organizations committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Communicates, promotes and markets the hospital’s and diversity and inclusion efforts both internally and externally by developing marketing materials.
- Prepares and presents presentations to leadership, staff, physicians on the progress of D&I initiatives.
- Participates on appropriate committees relevant to the advancement of the program and the profession. Serves as a representative on various hospital committees, projects, task forces, etc.
- Ensures projects are sustainable and scalable by measuring success, facilitating handoffs and driving process improvements to promote efficiencies.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a work related field from an accredited university
Experience: Four (4) years of experience working in the diversity and inclusion field or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge of and experience in building and advancing institutional diversity and inclusion initiatives for leadership and staff.
- Skill and experience using database tools, development of ad hoc reports and data extraction as well as demonstrated familiarity with the statistical software.
- Skill in handling issues in a complex organizational setting.
- Skill in conflict resolution and adept at finding win-win solutions to difficulty problems.
- Ability to manage change while building and supporting initiatives that promote diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify and implement innovative approaches to engage diverse staff
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.