Job #895 | ER & ICU - Registered Nurse
The Staff Nurse (SN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame.
The SN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members. One year recent (within the last 3 years) experience in L&D required. Successful completion of advanced fetal monitoring course within the past two years. May be expected to cross train to at least 1 other Maternal Child Health/Family Centered Care area with appropriate certifications. Must complete circulating and recovery competencies as required.
Provides professional age and culturally appropriate nursing care for assigned patients in the unit. In emergency situations, perform life-saving procedures, such as CPR. Monitors patient's vital signs, fluids, IV therapy, catheters, and special equipment. Monitors IV lines, oxygen intake. Must be well-versed in medical terminology, treatments and patient monitoring. Must exhibit patience and a nurturing manner. Must haves: Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred 2 or more years recent clinical experience as an RN in ER Current RN licensure by California Board of Nursing Proficiency in both written and oral English Proficiency in computer charting (at least 1 year of experience) EPIC or Meditech preferred Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit/department. Level II Trauma experience preferred BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC from the American Heart Association, CEN and TNCC preferred.
Emergency Room Registered Nurse Are you an experienced Emergency Room Registered Nurse that wants the best for yourself and your patients? Join us and work the contract based schedule you want. We provide hospitals, healthcare facilities and clinics with the best RN's in Northern California and we want you!
Ability to scrub and circulate as required.
Certifications: Current BLS and ACLS card may be required and is required in units where patients are recovered.
1) High School Diploma/GED.
2) Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience or Graduate of registered nursing and either 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
3) Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
4) Minimum of 1 year acute care experience in a Hospital setting.
5) Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
6) Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
7) Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
8) Good interpersonal skills.
9) Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Click Apply Today: