El Camino Hospital - First Cook (972)
* Per Diem; however, current needs are 24-40 hours/week and look to remain that way for a while
* 6 Months Durations
* Pay: based on years of experience
* Varying shift start times: as early 4:30am and as late as 11:00am
* Must be available weekends and holidays
EL CAMINO HOSPITAL MISSION
To be an innovative, publicly accountable and locally controlled comprehensive healthcare organization which cares for the sick, relieves suffering, and provides quality, cost competitive services to improve the health and well being of our community.
Cook and serve food for patients, cafeteria and catering. Maintain menus with accuracy, consistency, eye appeal and proper portion control. Comply with Food Safety Code and HACCP standards consistently. Be involved in the development of recipes, menus and food presentation. Monitor food quality standards to ensure consistency and highest quality standards of the El Camino Hospital food experience.
1. 3 years of quantity cooking experience in healthcare or hospitality required. AA Degree in hospitality or Certification from an accredited culinary institute highly desirable.
2. ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
3. Good math skills required, must be able to scale recipes
4. Must understand and follow recipes in food preparation and serving
5. Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and problem solving
6. Knowledge in more advanced food preparation (i.e. slice, julienne, dice, batonnet, tourne) a plus
7. Knowledge in Buffet and Banquet Platters a plus
8. Demonstration cooking skills a plus
AGES OF PATIENTS SERVED
This position may communicate with patients of all age categories.
This is a general description of the nature and level of work performed by people in this classification. It may not include every responsibility, duty and skill required of persons who successfully do this job.
About the Company
Power Personnel is California's premier healthcare staffing company with a team of talented professionals working in a variety of medical fields. Since 1994 we have recruited and placed thousands of highly qualified healthcare professionals. We offer innovative healthcare staffing solutions. Our unmatched commitment to excellence, quality and superior service has earned Power Personnel the joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
CLICK APPLY NOW