Event Service Worker
The Catering Service Worker will organize, set up and deliver requested catering services to specific, requested location or conference room. Provide customers with efficient and attentive service while exceeding the customer’s expectations.
The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
• Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room
• Reset tables with silverware, linen, napkins and glassware in accordance with established dining room table top specifications
• Ensures all services are cleaned up at the end of the meeting or requested pick-up time.
• Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
• Ensures availability of any specialty linen, china and rental needs in advance.
• Maintains a clean and organized working environment and professional appearance.
• May assist with stocking food inventory
• May carry and distribute supplies and equipment.
• Sets up sample rooms for personnel, set up display tables, racks or shelves.
• Assists in unpacking, arranging and packing merchandise and related services
• Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
• Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
• 0 to 1 year related experience.
• Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and
• Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors,
managers, customers, and client representatives.
• Listens carefully to their customers’ orders, explains drink and food items, and makes menu
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Maintains a positive attitude.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
• Must comply with any dress code requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus,
with or without corrective lenses.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift to 40 pounds and
occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate
environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
• The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud.