Will assist supporting projects and programs which support the Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children’s organizations and integration of the Planning Design + Construction department. Coordinates projects and activities. Serves as liaison to customers and other departments. Strong, positive relationships required with support departments as well as with vendors.
Manages reporting and ensures company resources are utilized appropriately. Manages project schedules. Coordinates departmental project activities and ensures project phases are documented appropriately. Scheduling meetings, preparing materials, taking meeting minutes, supporting the preparation of communications and presentation materials, and tracking all project resources. Other responsibilities include:
- Produce, review and distribute reports on status of project to appropriate parties.
- Maintain records of all documents and correspondence related to projects.
- Prepare and review presentations and communications materials, as requested.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, as required.
- Support Project Manager and Director to deliver on time, on budget, according to client expectations.
- Liaise with project team.
- Attend project meetings; record and distribute minutes, assist with materials distribution.
- Track project material resources.
- Gather and analyze information to support project proposal development and project implementation.
- Creating and management of databases.
- Provides leadership and expertise of the administrative processes and flow of paperwork within Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children’s.
- Administration duties include the coordination of events, event planning and logistics, participant invites and registrations, materials preparation, materials distribution, translation, and all tracking of event details including participant travel expense claims and in-kind contributions.
- Coordinates onboarding of new employees and gives initial department orientation and reviews departmental HealthStream Courses compliance. Coordinates offboarding of terminated employees.
- Oversees equipment and supplies allocation. Facilitates periodic inventory review of all equipment.
- Coordinates requests for support from departments. Serves as the STAR representative, coordinating the installation and maintenance of data and phone communication. Works with representatives from those departments to ensure that quality work is completed on a timely basis. Ensures that new hires have resources as needed – at the right place at the right time.
- Participates in projects as assigned and completes within requested timeframes. Performs other related work as assigned.
PC Duties will include and not limited to supporting:
- Solid Organ Transplant Service Lines
- Cancer Network Service Lines
- Cardio Vascular Health
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Email efficiency with organized and timed responses
- Calendaring and scheduling of meetings
- Follow-up to the leadership team with next steps
- Takes initiative on being the key liaison to your team
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is
committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices,
including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion,
age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic
information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all
genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are
encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an
individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two to five years of experience interacting with clients, customers and/or patients in a complex environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of hospital and clinic organization preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple and diverse tasks.
- Possesses an ability to manage multiple changing priorities.
- Must be able to take direction and work effectively both alone and collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to independently seek out and obtain information.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion in confidential situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to communicate clearly and maintain professional appearance and composure with all types of individuals including faculty, management staff and others.
- Exhibits a professional approach to work including a sense of responsibility for assigned duties.
- Prepares and manages accurate file systems in a manner that is consistent with standard office practice.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and time management principles in developing effective work plans to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new software programs as required.
- Follows safety policies and procedures. Incorporates ergonomic principles in work habits.
General Competency Requirements
- Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems and the solutions to them.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with members of the work team. Contributes to the development of a team environment where team members ultimately achieve established goals.
- Analytical Thinking: Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
- Interactive Communication: Utilizes communication strategies in an effort to achieve common goals, influence and gain others’ support.
- Written Communication: Communicates ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Technical Competency Requirements
- Project Planning: Defining, elaborating, and prioritizing objectives, activities and milestones. Securing resources (people, material, information, budget and time). Monitoring, reporting, evaluating and adjusting plans as necessary.
- Resource Management: Assigning, measuring and controlling resources, including budget, people and materials.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
Able to bend, lift stack of charts, climb ladders in file areas and move carts with heavy loads. Significant periods of work in front of a computer terminal. Able to work in a tight physical environment with significant traffic and disruptions.