Laboratory Informatics Specialist - Anatomic Pathology (Job #927)
- Current CA Driver's License required
- The Laboratory Informatics Specialist has expertise in both clinical lab operations and laboratory systems and is responsible for overseeing the operation of informatics in the clinical lab. Oversight includes implementing new systems and upgrades, developing and maintaining policies and procedures, training and coaching staff on using systems and monitors and evaluates performance of systems and users, and managing projects to improve department operations and use of systems. In addition, serves as liaison to IS department and participates on lab informatics user groups and on interdepartment teams focused on effective use of IT in clinical areas and ancillary services.
1. Baccalaureate degree, preferably in clinical laboratory science, or related field of study
2. Three years of experience working in acute hospital as clinical laboratory scientist /medical technologist or equivalent. Prior lead, information systems, and/or project management experience preferred
3. Demonstrates understanding of overall lab operations, workflow, and administration including basic knowledge of charge and revenue regulations for hospital laboratories.
4. Proficiency in medical terminology
5. Computer proficient in office software and working knowledge of operating systems and clinical systems. SoftLab, Soft MIC, and EPIC experience preferred
6. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when necessary to complete tasks.
1. Valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license preferred
2. Technologist or Specialist certification by American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) preferred
3. Valid California drivers license and proof of insurance coverage