Summary: As a member of a patient care team, and under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Monitor Technician is primarily responsible for the observation, interpretation and monitoring of displayed cardiac rhythms and performing 12-Lead EKGs. The Monitor Technician is responsible for reporting promptly and accurately any deviations from baseline.
- Formal EKG or arrhythmia class with a minimum of 20 hours.
- Must be capable of detecting and differentiating abnormal cardiac rhythms as evidenced by a passing score on a cardiac monitoring/EKG Test specified by the department manager.
- Successful completion of a course acceptable to the employer in EKG interpretation. Cardiac Monitoring/EKG Certificate preferred.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia updated within the last two years if basic arrhythmia class taken over two years ago.
- Adequate hearing either alone or with a hearing device.
- At least 6 months of recent Monitor Tech experience.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Shift: 13 weeks