Key activities outlined below:
* Actively participates in quality control, quality assurance and preventive maintenance activities.
* Completes all designated assignments in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Disposes of trash and linen per the hospital protocol.
* Maintains an effective working relationship with staff, managers, physicians, patients and their families.
* May receive instruments and equipment from assigned OR rooms, removes items tagged "broken" by nurse, and cleans rooms and equipment according to protocol.
* Participates in the monitoring and documenting of quality improvement issues.
* Participates on unit, department or hospital committees as requested.
* Performs housekeeping/stocking duties in order to maintain a clean, safe work environment.
* Practices aseptic techniques according to established standards of care and infection control policies.
* Supports administrative decisions and assures implementation and compliance with all department, institutional and regulatory policies and procedures.
* Transports/receives patients, equipment, supplies, blood products and specimens within the region and hospital according to policies and procedure.
2 years of Environmental Services (janitorial) in a hospital are required.