Job #860 | Patient Transport Tech
Patient Transporter is responsible for the transportation of patients between various departments within the Medical Center. Depending on the needs of the patient, the transport tech may transport or accompany the patient alone or assisting a transport Registered Nurse (RN). Transports must be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
Carries out responsibilities of the position in a manner that respects the integrity and rights of the patient / family and provides appropriate information and comfort. Communicates as necessary throughout and after procedure to appropriate hospital personnel; notifies department of patient's arrival, etc. Ensures application of safety code measures when operating wheelchairs and gurneys during the transportation of patients. Provides age appropriate comfort and safety measures to patients during transport. Provides assistance for a select group of patients during transport, throughout diagnostic procedures, and clinic procedures. Recognizes IV pump alarms and notifies the RN appropriately. Supports other hospital personnel departments to ensure the continuation of unit operations and patient care when not needed for transport. May assist with clerical tasks on unit, assist staff in changing linens or other floor duties consistent with training and competency.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
License/Certification: BSL Basic Life Support.
- Ability to walk, push 20 miles a day.
- Ability to lift, carry, push heavy patients.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions, and to accept and use constructive criticism.
- Ability to be flexible in assignment and able to work different shifts if required.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills in interactions with all patients, families and staff, including high volume and stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance.
- Ability to maneuver wheelchairs, gurneys, and other equipment as needed.
- Ability to provide appropriate care based on the needs of the individual taking into consideration age, culture, and developmental issues.
- Ability to provide care as needed and as described in department policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
- Knowledge and skill to provide care appropriate to the ages and developmental stages of patients served.
- Knowledge of facility layout, clinic locations and room numbering system for efficient transport.
- Knowledge of safety code measures during the transport of patients.
Click Apply Today: