Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Job #912)
- Pay Range: $192,000-$210,000
- Full Time
The Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner provides direct and indirect care to patients while assuring expert nursing care for the management of life-limiting illness The NP plans, implements and evaluates clinical programs to advance patient care and nursing practice, provides education and clinical leadership. The NP delivers symptom management, psycho-social support, advance care planning and end-of-life care. Provides care in accordance with the California Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code of Ethics and the ANA Bill of Rights for Nursing as well as the Hospital/department policies. The Nurse Practitioner provides care in a collaborative manner with other disciplines to ensure optimal, individualized patient care and outcomes.
1. Master's or Doctoral degree in Nursing.
2. ACHPN desired (Advance Certification Hospice and Palliative Care) within one year of hire date
3. Minimum of one year of palliative care nurse practitioner experience
4. Experience of expertise in quality improvement and evidenced based practice.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, conflict resolution skills.
1. Current California Registered Nurse license.
2. ANCC or AANP certification as a Family or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
3. Current BLS certification.
4. Active DEA schedule II-IV
5. NPI provider number