- . Documents observations made during the procedure for final interpretation by the physician or other qualified medical professional; obtains pertinent diagnostic images for record documentation when presenting cases.
- Ensures that ultrasound equipment & accessories are maintained and functioning. Reports problems to Lead Tech and supervisor.
- Explains examination process to the patient and instructs and assists patient throughout the procedure.
- Operates diagnostic ultrasound equipment, observes sound wave pattern produced, produces and processes diagnostic images and presents completed sonograms to physician.
- Participates in maintaining records for research cases. Participates as needed in evaluation of new equipment for research or possible future use in department.
23 days ago