Are you an experienced Server who would love to build a career at the world renowned Stanford Health Care? Apply now for a contract to hire opportunity and a chance to get permanent employment with full benefits!
- Competitive pay: $18/hr plus plus partial tips during training, tips to be paid in full by 6-8 weeks dependent upon work performance???????
- Weekly pay (direct deposit/debit card option)
- Contract to hire opportunity
- Full benefits after conversion
- Full tips after conversion
- Upscale dining room with good tips
- Prestigious hospital
- Health insurance*
- Referral bonus
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- Must have food handlers card completed and present upon interview with client
- Minimum 1 year of Front of House server experience
- Contract to hire
- Shift: Mon.-Fri. 10AM-4PM ( Hours may vary)
- Location: Stanford Bing Dining Hall in Palo Alto, CA
The Front of the House Server is responsible for taking orders and serving meals to all guests in the dining hall; This is a very high end dining hall in the hospital serving executives, donors, billionaires and other high level associates. This is for a very upscale café inside of the hospital all candidates must be polished, clean and well groomed; using hair nets and beard guards’ when needed, shirts ironed; (black pants, black shirt, tie, black shoes clean slip resistant shoes. The hours of the role are typically morning, but you need to have flexibility; a lot of potential OT will be offered.
A certain level of professionalism is required when dealing with such high profile guests/ customers. Experience taking orders, serving meals, is required you will also be required to memorize daily menus and the ability to explain allergens, gluten free and vegan dishes, as well as answering any other questions the customers may have. Experience using POS (Point of sale) tablet/ software also required.
- Professionalism: must be able to interact professionally with all levels of hospital staff including high level executives
- Experience working within a healthcare setting is a PLUS
- Reliability; seeking candidates who want a long term temp to hire position
- Candidates need to be polished, clean and well groomed; shirts ironed; clean slip resistant shoes.
- Experience taking orders, serving meals, is required.
- Menu memorization and the ability to explain allergens, gluten free an vegan dishes, as well as answering any other questions the customers may have.
- Experience using POS (Point of sale) tablet/ software also required
- Food handlers card
- Shift hours will vary and change depending on what’s going on that day; Monday-Friday
- $18/hr (PLUS TIPS); temp to hire
Full Days Work; Responsibilities:
- Line bread baskets with ivory linen in the required fold, slice bread & place in baskets, bread baskets to be placed on guest tables in the Lounge, PDR, or Large Tables of 6 or more
- Make Tropical Ice Tea (1 bag of tea/3 pours of hot water from the coffee maker), let tea cool & place in urn for beverage service (may be covered & saved for next day if there is extra, label, date)
- Make Lemonade (follow direction on package) (may be covered & placed in refrigerator for next day’s service, label, date)
- Make regular Coffee for lunch service & 1 regular coffee for Admin CEO (refresh spa water & Cream); set up coffee station outside the kitchen 20 coffee cups & saucers, 5 creamers in jugs in a bowl of ice, Tazo tea box, 1 regular coffee thermos
- Service time;
- Coffee area, refrigerators, all counters must be constantly cleaned as you go.
- Label & date everything that is opened and used for service and or in storage
- Set up beverage station in MDR:
- Beverage glasses; Ice tea urn, 2 pitchers of water & 2 pitchers of lemonade; 1 large bowl of ice; 1 small bowl of sliced lemons; 2 scoops for ice; 1 tong for lemons
- Assorted sodas & sparkling waters
- Set up beverage bar in Lounge (when in use)
- Set up beverage station in private dining room (when in use)
- Cut & place stem flowers in single bud vases in all the rooms (on Mondays only)
- Remove and clean all bud vases on Fridays
- Set up main dining room; lounge, private dining room
- Tables to comprise of; clean white linen, napkins folded to the required shape, polished silver (knife, fork,), salt & pepper shakers, bread plates, flowers in vase, sugar bowl (assorted sugar packets), one bread plate with butter
- Set Up Buffet:
- Hot Items: Plug in the chafers (10:30 a.m. (make sure there is water in the pans)
- Tie clean napkins on the chafer handles (change napkins after each service)
- Place bread plates (4) in front of all chafers with the required serving utensils)
- Salad Bar: Place ice (10:30 a.m.) in the salad bar, 3 bread plates & the required serving utensils
- Soup Station; plug in chafer at 10:30 a.m., set up ladle, small bowls/saucers & a lined container of soup spoons.
- All food temperature must be taken accurately, and all temperature logs must be maintained daily once at 11:15am and again at 1:15pm.
- Set up Servers Station: calculator, pull out the tickets, pens, menu for reference & set up a captains’ area comprising of extra napkins & silver ware for lunch service
- Others: The Boardroom H3210, CEO & COO offices may be required to be set up from time to time, the servers will be trained to do that by the manager/ Supervisor
- Patio: silver ware roll ups, place mats, salt & pepper shakers need to be available if & when the Patio is open for service
- Lunch Service begins at 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. (Service with a smile!)
- All tickets need to be handed to the manager for ringing up during & after service
- The carbon copy of the ticket goes to the chef for ordering, with ticket time & the other copy should be maintained for extra orders from guests
- The tickets need to be completed before they are presented to the guests for payment (i.e. the correct amount/tax/total/# of guests/date/& table no.)
- Bussing of tables need to be done in a timely fashion to maintain the flow of turnovers- (please follow rules in kitchen regarding the placement of dirty dishes & soiled linen)
- After lunch 2:00: once the tables are all bussed & cleaned the servers may take a 30 minutes lunch break (please follow California Law requirements/guidelines for breaks)
- Daily Walk Through: 11:a. 3:00pm SPS Lounges (fully restock fridge’s, check dates, and clean bus tubs REMOVE CREAMER)
- Clean Up & Re Set 2:30-4:00: Change linen & reset tables, tear down the buffet, clean all the sneeze guards, (heavier cleaning on Fridays ) restock all plastic silverware, do extra roll ups, clean coffee area (heavier cleaning on Fridays) in kitchen, clean beverage refrigerator (Fridays only), maintain care for storage room, inform manager of what needs to be ordered & replenished for next day. Clean all menus, chairs, tables of all debris. Label and Date all food items.
- Set up for next event service.
- Set up for next day breakfast service.
- Clock out or sign out with the manager/Supervisor/Kronos
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus!**
*Insurance plan offered has minimum coverage and is paid out of pocket.
**In order to receive the $125 bonus, the referred person must work at least 20 shifts.