Conducts daily inventory, replenishes supplies and maintains related records. Couriers, receives, checks in, stores, issues and delivers equipment and supplies. Verifies and sorts charges. Participates in the orientation and training of other personnel. Assists, sorts and verifies charges for supplies, equipment and services delivered. Cleans, disinfects and stores equipment. Monitors stock levels and notifies Supervisor of items on short supply.
· Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of SHC.
· Unpacks and inspects items for damage/shortage.
· Daily pick up of supplies.
· Functions as courier.
· Assists the dispatch function, answering customer inquiries and filling requisitions.
· Stores items at designated locations accurately.
· Conducts daily cycle counts of supplies. Notifies Supervisor of items and quantity needed; places orders for necessary supplies.
· Examines incoming shipments to verify receipt of the correct types and quantities of materials and supplies.
· Delivers supplies to off site locations.
· Picks up and delivers specialty pharmacy supplies for regional locations.
· Manages and delivers linen inventory to assigned areas.
· Follows hospital infection prevention policies and procedures.
· Follows hospital safety guidelines for self, patient, visitors and employees.
· Maintains a professional work environment; keeps work area clean and organized.
· Maintains records of equipment usage and availability; processes related patient charges.
· Maintains supply carts in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Ensures products are properly rotated.
· Picks and stages items for shipment to vendors.
· Manages information utilizing appropriate manual or electronic systems.
· Participates in the orientation and training of other personnel as assigned.
· Performs patient and supply transport functions.
· Performs daily inventories in designated areas utilizing a hand held computer at all regional locations.
· Picks up charges and batches them for transmittal to Data Processing.
· Receives and fills phone and long form orders for supplies and/or equipment. Deliver clean equipment and pickup soiled equipment.
· Receives, checks in, and stores supply shipments; notifies Supervisor of any discrepancies.
· Seeks resources for direction, when necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
· High school diploma or GED Equivalent required.
· One (1) year of directly related work experience
Valid Driver's License
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education or licensure/certification.
· Computer systems and software used in functional area
· Mechanical and electrical equipment handled by the department
· Knowledge of the principles of receiving, storing, picking, staging and shipping materials.
· Ability to operate material handling equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff to resolve problems relating to warehouse/distribution functions.
Skills and Abilities to:
· Assess, identify and respond to urgent or stat requests in an efficient, effective and appropriate manner
· Clean, disinfect, and store equipment; monitor stock levels and notify supervisor of items in short supply
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
· Maintain professional behavior and appearance
· Make minor repairs to equipment
· Manage time
· Promote a positive work environment by practicing good communication, diversity awareness and teamwork
· Quickly and accurately perform daily inventory, restocking, and maintenance of supply carts
· Receive, store, issue, and deliver equipment and supplies
· Sort and verify charges for supplies, equipment, and services delivered
· Speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the job
· State the hospital and department mission statements and understand how they participate in and contribute to them
· Transport supplies and equipment