Are you looking to make competitive pay? Are you looking for a healthcare job in a good hospital? The answer to your search is here!
What's in It for You:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- Stanford Children's Health experience
- Weekly payroll
- Health benefits
- Referral bonus*
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in a compassionate manner, remaining patient and courteous and utilizing active listening skills.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills in interactions with all patients, families and staff, including high volume and stressful situations.
- Ability to do arithmetic effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area. Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment; filing and recordkeeping methods and systems; hospital routines and procedures; medical terminology.
- Assists with discharge processes by organizing documents per unit standard by documenting patient admissions, discharges, transfers, and off unit procedures, contributes to the smooth and effective workflow systems in the unit.
- Is able to organize and prioritize tasks. Communicates frequently with the care team (e.g., notifying RNs of electronic STAT patient care orders, documenting patient admissions, discharges, transfers, and off unit procedures.)
- Monitors PAL for patients in the unit. Informs the RN of any late tasks or new STAT orders.
- Maintains a clean orderly and safe environment. Orders and maintains equipment and supplies for the desk area and unit, maintains a clean, child proof work area.
- Maintains and manages medical record according to hospital policy while observing patient confidentiality.
- Processes any forms , records per procedures, ensures proper patient identification of all paperwork, has chart available as needed, thins chart and ensures chart is sent to Medical Records.
- May coordinate lab labels organized by patient and maintains the blood board through communication with nursing and phlebotomy.
- May coordinate the transport of the patient to off unit-procedure after consultation with the RN.
- Arranges transport of the patient to the off unit.? Coordinates appointment times for patient.
- May print diet and allergy report every 8 hours and inform RN or charge nurse if diet or allergy information is missing.
- Performs receptionist duties for the unit, including greeting individuals and handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls, utilizing knowledge of the unit.
- Performs related clerical duties required to maintain departmental operations (e.g., filing, photocopying, typing, faxing, assigned errands).
- Practices cost containment in all aspects of job. Utilizes resources efficiently, monitors charges for supplies, and recommends changes to existing procedures to improve cost effectiveness as appropriate.
- Prioritizes effectively and seeks additional duties when assignments completed, follows staffing and scheduling guidelines, arrives to work on time, complies with dress code standards, assists with orienting new staff and completes any mandatory training.
- Responds appropriately in actual or potential emergency events. Notifies appropriate personnel, communicates with other personnel to ensure delivery of immediate care needs and intervenes as necessary with families and staff by working with appropriate interdisciplinary team members.
- Responds to customer /staff needs in a prompt attentive manner. Handles patient call lights and messages appropriately, notifies Resource Nurse and others of patient flow (admissions, transfers, discharges).
- Triages all broken and/or soiled equipment to the appropriate department.
- Assists with keeping the computers clean and plugged in.
- Uses the computerized electronic health record and follows policy on Computers On Wheels (COW) maintenance in accordance with job requirements and hospital policies and procedures.
Power Personnel is a leading Bay Area diversity health care staffing agency. Our company started and has continued for 25 years as a woman-owned and minority-owned company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. Our structured interview process is designed to eliminate bias and focus on key competencies in order to evaluate applicants based on their overall qualifications and skills. Every applicant receives consideration regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or national origin. Our mission is to help our clients succeed by providing a talented workforce of diverse and highly-skilled healthcare professionals. Come join our engaged, creative, and innovative team! You will have the opportunity to work for clients such as Stanford Health Care, Kaiser Permanente, Dignity Health, El Camino Hospital, Valley Medical Center, various Skilled Nursing Facilities, and many more hospitals throughout the Bay Area. Apply Now!
Refer and get a $125 bonus!*
*In order to get the bonus, the referred person must work at least 20 shifts.